Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Testing 802D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Testing 802D

    I am new to compression drivers. Last night, I connect one 802D to test in series with a 10uF cap to my 45 amp. Sounds muffled and attenuated! What is the easiest way to test compression driver of this kind if I do not have the proper components for the complete XO (A501-8 if I am not mistaken) yet? What should I expect to hear? Diaphragms are 8 ohms from GPA (I replaced it myself) and measures 6.6 and 6.8 ohms for both drivers respectively when measured with a DVM.

    Thank in advance.

    Abe
    QNME In Retro!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Testing 802D

    Ideally you test it either on an appropriate horn or plane wave tube (PWT), otherwise this particular driver needs to be capped off above ~5 kHz, so try a 4 uF and hope you didn't already damage the VCs.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member amandarae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2008
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Testing 802D

    Thank you GM!
    QNME In Retro!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.